Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Robbie Gennat 2/8/17

Hello class it's me again. School was fabulous day three today. Class today was not as I predicted yesterday. We spent the large majority of time today talking about scheduling with Mr Librizzi. Tomorrow and tonight we should continue working on our note cards. Everyone in class is past the practice note cards and, after getting approval from Mr Rivers, are working on their individual note cards. When working on your own note card, make sure you are using the correct source. I had to go back and revise all of my cards because I used a source that was not MLA. MLA format is different than the other methods of citing work so be careful you are using the correct one as they all look similar. Additionally when working on the note cards, you do not need the (Author Page#) after the quote. I made this mistake multiple times which cost me time and effort trying to locate what page it is from. The note cards are due on Monday, all 25 of them. It may seem like a lot of work, especially if you were absent this week, however they go by fast once you are in the groove of things. I personally have already got half of them done. I found EBSCO to be the fastest and easiest database to use and cite information. Additionally, it contains a plethora of sources and articles to sort through. Anyway, you missed nothing important in class today. Nevertheless it would be wise if you to talk to your guidance counselor about the information you missed. Until next marking period, Robbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment