Thursday, March 30, 2017

Julia Orlando 3/30

Today in English class we did the same thing that we were beginning at the end of class yesterday. At the end of class, we were pairing up with groups or a partner who had different SOAPSTone topics as us. There are six topics which include subject, occasion, audience, purpose, subject, and tone. My original topic is subject and I talked about the ideal on how minorities dream, desire, fantasize, and want to be like the favorable class, white people, during the time. Yesterday, I not only began to gather information about the speaker and shaped my opinion on how the speaker not only reflects my idea but how he influences the idea. In summary today, I got together with a speaker person again and an occasion person to come up with claims that are located on Google Classroom. The ideals of this poem are not only a depiction of this time period but could be a modern depiction of our times. Langston Hughes uses occasion to address and have his poem stand out creating a strong, stand out point.

No comments:

Post a Comment